Mission Canada serves the PAOC's districts and local churches, and the larger work of the Kingdom of God in the fulfillment of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. PAOC leadership currently prioritizes the following as challenges for mission:
Next Generation (Children, Youth, Campus)
Quebec and Francophone Canada
Cultural Language Groups
Because we must be obedient to Jesus' command to "make disciples of all nations".
Because we must be diligent to care for people who are far from God - regardless of race, age, gender or geography - beginning at home. Because we must be true to the essential nature of the Church - we have been sent and empowered by God to be agents of His reconciliation with humankind. Because without our contribution, the mission of Christ is diminished in its effectiveness.
Mission Canada (PAOC) partners with the districts and local churches of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada to impact our nation with the Gospel. Together we have this call. Together we have this opportunity. Together we have this urgent responsibility.
Because we must...
- reach Canadians with the good news of Jesus when they are most receptive... as children.
- help build healthy Christian families who can function in the face of the internal and external pressures society places on them today.
- challenge adolescents to embrace God's design for their lives in a culture where anything that is identified as "spiritual" is worth considering.
- plant churches and create new types of ministries within the borders of our cities, where 80% of Canadians now live.
- influence the beliefs and values of the 1.7 million post-secondary students who gather on Canada's campuses to prepare for their roles as tomorrow's world-shapers. About 7%, or 70,000 are international students who have the potential to be Christian leaders upon returning home.
- advance the gospel in the province of Quebec, where less than 1% of its 7.6 million people regularly attend an evangelical church. PAOC churches who partner with churches in Quebec help strengthen existing ministries and new church plants.
- develop Christian First Nations leaders who will lead and plant churches, and model godly lifestyles to the families within their communities, whether on reserves or in cities. Faced with an array of social ills, the gospel is their only true hope.
- help the quarter million people who immigrate to Canada each year and find their place in a new land and their place in the Kingdom of God.
- build communities of faith among the 300,000 deaf people across the land. Three out of four Canadians either work with or live with someone who is deaf or has hearing loss.
- keep our eyes, ears and hearts open to the vast spiritual needs and opportunities that arise around us each day.
Adapted from: "Why Should I Care About Canada?", Mission Canada brochure.
For more information on Mission Canada, please visit: www.paoc.org or